July 8th (continued)

11:00 Pm:

  • 1/2 Chicken Parmigiana Sandwich
  • Stracciatella Soup
  • Blueberries

I called and told my parents about my train troubles and my father asked me if i had eaten dinner yet. I replied "no," but I did not offer any suggestions about what I would like to eat. When I arrived in Lake Worth, I found that my parents had gone out to dinner at my father's favorite place to eat (and really the only thing he eats when he is in Florida), NYPD Pizza. I have always assumed that the full name was actually New York Pizza Department Pizza, although I have no proof. Still, this assumption has always helped me to attain greater enjoyment from their meals. I was disappointed because I had eaten a Chicken Parmigiana sandwich last night as well, and I was quite grossed out at it. To top it off, I was afraid that my readers would see that I ate the same dinner two nights in a row and that they might think of me as some kind of Chicken Parmigiana obsessed freak. I was originally planning on saving the sandwich for a later date and eating a boca burger, but there are no hamburger buns or any sort of bread for that matter in my parents' house. It was actually an enjoyable sandwich. The soup was also souperb and I always love blueberries.




6:40 Pm:

  • Sunchy Pastuerized Peach Nectar.

I travel from Lake Worth, Florida to Miami and back almost every weekend. To save on gas, I usually will rely on public transportation to get me back and forth. The main problem with me doing this is that Florida's public transportation is very unreliable. Today it was especially unreliable and my 60 mile trip ended up taking 5 hours in total. This included two hours at a transfer station in downtown Miami. It is at this station that I would usually buy myself some cuban food at a nearby cafeteria, but today is sunday and that cafeteria is always closed on sundays and is replaced by an ice cream truck that also sells cuban food. Unfortunately this ice cream truck only takes cash and all I had on me was $1.25. I spent it on this $1.00 can of peach nectar. This nectar was 34% fruit juice, which I thought was impressive for a nectar. The can also wished the drinker "a very sunchy day". I really don't believe that the can's wish came true because I was fairly miserable and mosquitos were sucking me dry. I must thank Ken D for giving me some extra change before I left his house or else i would have been totally broke and unable to purchase anything from the ice cream truck.




4:55 Pm

  • 1 Tum

No comments: